Sweden

I had a sudden loss at 19w. now 18w preg again. cervix measuring 30mm. dr. is not giving cerclage or pshot. is it ok or should i worry n consult?

Dr. Ron Dinsmore
That is normal cervi: a question would be did the pathology show anything in regards to the loss or was there some event that caused it. 30 millimeters is a normal cervical length at that just a tional age. There is a lot more information I would need to know.
Dr. Rachel Johns
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Depends: It really depends on the reason for the miscarriage. If you had "cervical incompetence", meaning if your cervix opened before the right time, then you would need a cerclage for subsequent pregnancies. If you miscarried for other reasons then you probably don't need a cerclage. But you may need other treatment to prevent another miscarriage. Discuss this with your OB.

Last updated May 7, 2015