i have red, raw-feeling spots on gums and inside of my cheeks. white sores, too. pain is gradually worse. should i be seen very soon? by whom?

Dr. Scott Methven
20 years experience Dentistry
Aphthous ulcer: It's most likely a canker sore. It is painful, I get them sometimes when I eat acidic foods. You can put some oil of clove on it to numb it. It will burn a bit when you put it on but will go away within a few minutes. If your dentist has a soft tissue laser that can also help with the healing process. It should go away in about a week. Hope this helps!!!
Answered on Nov 19, 2015