A 21-year-old male asked:

How to change sexual orientation if attracted to older men but just superficial relationship and at the same time admiring girls ??

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michelle King
Psychiatry 28 years experience
Not sure that I: understand, exactly; but there's no evidence that one can change one's orientation, or that there's an illness associated at all with being attracted to either gender, or both. If you have anxieties about who you're attracted to, you can seek counseling to cope with those feelings of discomfort, yet there's nothing wrong with who one is attracted to, however. I hope that helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 3, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.