HI

I took 13 aleve (naproxen) pills last night expecting not to wake up in the morning. now that i have woken up is there any back lash affects of me doing this?

Dr. John Wigneswaran
Nephrology and Dialysis 26 years experience
Troubling..: First of all I hope you are okay, and you need to seek help immediately. Aleve, (naproxen) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) like Motrin, Ibuprofen etc. In itself would not cause you to die, however it can be associated with other conditions such as ulcers, gastrointestinal bleeding and/or kidney injury if taken in specific settings. Please, please see your physician and let them know. ASAP.
Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology 39 years experience
And then see a psychologist or psychiatrist right after.
Apr 4, 2015
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Seek help now. The national suicide hotline is available 24 hrs a day.1 (800) 273-8255
Apr 4, 2015
Dr. Kyle Anders
Too many pills: Yes. You can have damage to the lining of the stomach, causing sores and even bleeding. Symptoms include abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. If the reason for taking the number of pills is to hurt yourself, you need to go to the ER ASAP, to seek help. You should still go to the ER to be evaluated to make sure the medication did not have any adverse effects on your body. Go to the ER.
Pathology 49 years experience
After the ER visit, seek counseling.
Apr 4, 2015
Dr. Jane Steiner
go to the ER for help with your wanting to kill yourself even if you feel ok physically. Get help!
Apr 4, 2015
Not OK.: Have a friend or relative drive you an emergency room now or call 911 for emergency services for transport. Even if you feel physically well- your suicide attempt is a SERIOUS Problem. You can call the National suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255) for support.

Last updated May 12, 2016