United Kingdom

i have had this acute pain radiating from my back down my thigh chronic pain in my knee and pins and needles in my foot, my dr gave me gabapentin tramadol and diasapan but i have had this for three weeks now and the medication does not seem to work the pa

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Consider MRI : It sound like you are experiencing sciatica, which is an irritation of a nerve in the back causing pain running down the leg. If it has been worsening over three weeks with what sounds like appropriate medications, an MRI will usually help to determine the root cause and tell you your treatment options.
Dr. Ricardo Madrid
Neurology 54 years experience
An EMG of both lower limbs and paraspinal muscles may be also indicated after an evaluation by a neurologist or physiatrist. I would postpone the MRI until after those evaluations
Apr 3, 2015

Last updated Apr 3, 2015