A member asked:

Besides my gynecologist, is there another type of doctor that i should see to reconfirm menopause. i just turned 40 & my blood work showed elevated fsh & have been experiencing hot flashes, very light or skipped periods, anxiety, trouble falling & staying

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Kent Childs answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

You can consider an endocrinologist. Otherwise depending on where uou are in your cycle can also change your fsh levels. If still having a period, technically not menopausal. I always say trest the patient not the labs. Consider looking at your FSH/LH ratio. Peri menopause can occur at anytime depending on a lot of variables. Maybe repeat labs and consider a pelvic ultrasound.

Answered Apr 3, 2015



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor