Louisville, KY

My blood pressure has been reading 145/90 but in the morning when i wake up it is around 109/65. should i be alarmed?

Dr. Nassir Azimi
Interventional Cardiology 25 years experience
145 over 90 is high: No matter what the cause of high blood pressur, the impact on the body long term is the same. It would be good to examine why your normal morning BP gets high. I.E stress, diet, caffeine, etc. This needs evaluation and intervention for long term benefit. In the short term it is no major consequence.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Liviu Klein
Cardiology 25 years experience
Hypertension: This could bd a sign of hypertension. While it is normal for blood pressure to vary throughout the day, consistent values of greater than 140/90 mmhg are a sign of hypertension. If these are true values, you should see your primary care physician to discuss treatment options.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014