FL

I went to the dentist yesterday and got my teeth cleaned. i now have a pretty significant gap between my lower front teeth. what can i do to fix this?

Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 39 years experience
Most likely...: you had a"pretty significant" amount of calculus/tartar that filled the space due to lack or effective brushing, flossing, and proper time interval between professional dental visits. If there has been recession of the gum and bone then there may be very little that you can do. Return to your dentist and discuss your options.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 39 years experience
Provided original answer
Happy to be of service.
Mar 12, 2015
Dr. Derik Alexanians
Cosmetic Dentistry 20 years experience
Tooth gap: You probably had tartar between your teeth whic was removed and now you see a gap. The tartar causes bone loss and gum disease and therefore has to be removed. The gap may possibly be corrected with a white filling (composite bonding) but your dentist will have to evaluate and recommend a treatment.
Last updated Apr 12, 2020