U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 31-year-old male asked:

I had a mole which i scratched off and there was a dint on my face and now i have a horrible red raised spot on my face how can i make it go?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Zachary Veres
Family Medicine 20 years experience
Mole: Use mild steroid cream sporadically to help take this away. Hydrocortisone 1% twice a day is safe for the face. Along with a moisturizer like cetaphil will help
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 8, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.