ND

i was diagnosed with acne inversa and took lots of antibiotics but nothing worked. i had my symptoms before i started puberty. can it still be acne inversa or is it something else?

Dr. Mazen Kherallah
Infectious Disease 34 years experience
Difficult to Treat: Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), also known as acne inversa is a debilitating disease characterized by painful recurrent nodules and abscesses. It is difficult to treat. While some evidence of disease improvement exists with agents including clindamycin and rifampicin, metformin, fumarates, infliximab, and adalimumab, no single treatment has shown overwhelmingly positive outcomes.