what is the price difference between ceramic braces and metal braces?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Cost of Orthodontics: It's more important to find a qualified Orthodontic specialist whom you trust than to be concerned by the nominal difference in cost of the materials. The fees will probably vary more depending upon the training, experience of the dentist as well as the type of practice or location than between ceramic or metallic braces. Get some recommendations and go for some consultations. Then decide.
Dr. Stephen Calendine
Dentistry 34 years experience
We charge no difference
Mar 7, 2015
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
Pain Management 36 years experience
Approximately $600: The average cost of ceramic braces is approximately $3,800. The average cost of metal braces is approximately $3,200.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Not in our area. Fees along both coasts tend to be higher than you quoted because of higher cost of living vase lines.
Dec 12, 2015
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Nominal: Most Orthodontic specialists that I know charge a nominal fee difference because clear braces are more costly to purchase, require slightly more chair time during treatment, and because they are a bit more difficult to remove. Find the best fully qualified Orthodontic Specialist in your area and discuss which medicine (brace) is best for you. Quality and expertise more important than cost.