felt 2 lumps on anus. the one i could see looks black. it hurts. what could this be? what do i do? they feel big. do i need to go to the er or doctor

6 doctor answers
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Thrombosed: hemorrhoids. See a proctologist
Answered on Mar 6, 2015
Dr. Anne Missavage
40 years experience General Surgery
Anal pain and lump: This sounds like it could be a thrombosed hemorrhoid. You should call for a medical appointment or go to an urgent care to be seen. It will likely remain painful until it is drained through a minor surgical procedure with local anesthesia.
Answered on Feb 4, 2017
3
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Hemorrhoid?: This sounds like either an external hemorrhoid or an internal hemorrhoid that has prolapsed ( pushed out). The black color you see may be a blood clot formed inside the hemorrhoid. Not to worry! This is not the type of clot that can travel to the lung! Nonetheless, because I can't see or feel these lumps, if they're painful, you should see a doctor. But no need to rush to the ER
Answered on Mar 6, 2015
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Clotted hemorrhoids: Sounds like you have thrombosed/clotted external hemorrhoids...yes and these do hurt quite a bit.... truly pain in the _ _ _ . Best/fast treatment is actually lancing it to allow the clot to come out. OTC preparation H may help, but likely you will have pain for awhile. If pain is severe, consult doc for treatment. See my other answers for hemorhoid control... Good luck.
Answered on Mar 6, 2015
Dr. Dan Fisher
Hemorrhoid: Sounds like a hemorrhoid. They can be quite painful and bleed. You can use topical medications like Preparation H. If they are really bothersome you can see a doc to consider drainage / excision or banding but I would not suggest the emergency room due to expense.
Answered on Mar 6, 2015
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Hemorrhoids: It appears that you have hemorrhoids and at least one of them is Thrombosed or has a blood clot in it. This is why it hurts so bad. In my office I could take care of this easily and you would not need to go to the ER. It does need to treated today. I suggest you call your doctors office to see if they can treat this, if not an urgent care or a surgeon prior to the ER.
Answered on Mar 6, 2015