FL

i just left my pcp office and my blood work showed my anemia at 2....... she referred me to a hematologist, im not sure what does this mean?

Dr. Zachary Veres
Anemia: im assuming the hemoglobin was low? the number is 2? I don't think it could be that low. The hematologist will determine why you are possibly losing blood. Medications or other medical conditions will be looked into to determine the source. hope this helps
Dr. Christopher Coller
Unclear: More information is needed here. If your hemoglobin was 2 you'd be sent to the hospital for immediate transfusion (if you were even still functioning at all). You need the actual lab findings in order to answer this better. A hematologist is a blood specialist and probably a good idea regardless if your PCP recommended it.