U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old male asked:

Is a blood specialized doctor called hematologist ? and is he the best for treating anemia ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Louis Cooper
Pediatrics 49 years experience
Yes, but---: Yes, a blood specialist is an hematologist. Most physicians can recognize and treat the more routine kinds of anemia. Good luck.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 14, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.