SA

I have undergone surgery for thyroid disease and it left some thick scar on my neck. what is the solution to flat the scar? any remedy pls?

Dr. John Feola
R/O KELOID: KELOID IS A HYPERTROPHIC post surgical scar that can be hard to treat. It is seen more commonly in African Americans and people of middle eastern decent. It can be treated with laser and steroid injection. You need a good plastic surgeon consult.
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
The application of medical grade silicone sheets may also help flatten the scar without the risk of stimulating more hypertrophic scarring.
Mar 3, 2015

Last updated Mar 3, 2015