Farmington, IL

I have pain in my right rib cage that goes down to my hip but hurts more in my ribcage what could of cause this it doesnt hurt to breathe just to move?

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
General Surgery 43 years experience
Muscle spasm: the only connection between the rib cage and the hip are the muscles between. when pain started in one spot the muscle around that spot initiated spasm, to protect the body from the pain . the spasm will travel like a domino effect to other part of the body. the bad part is muscle spasm is painful.and that create more spasm,and that create a cycle. use heat pat.take NSAIDS, see your doctor

Last updated Feb 26, 2015