Canada

72 hrs this pain has gone from the neck and r. arm to elbow, now it is spreading into right upper shoulder/chest/back! he exp as dead arm, level 9/10?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Neurologist: This may be a problem of inflammation of a structure such as a disk, vertebra, or nerve root in the neck causing such radiation of discomfort. I recommend that you be evaluated by a neurologist who will order the appropriate tests.
Dr. Robert Sterling
46 years experience
ARealPainInTheNeck: I don't know what you mean by "9/10" but I do know that what you describe should be evaluated by a doctor sooner than later, especially at your age. Sounds like it may be a nerve root that is inflamed but that could be the tip of an iceberg.Also depends on what medications you might be taking, prior injuries or arthritis and a lot of other stuff that could act like a nerve root problem.

Last updated Feb 24, 2015