AL

I have been eating a healthy diet and i drink 80 to 120 ounces of water a day. i try not to eat past 6pm and in the mornings my hands are so swollen that i can not put my rings on. my hands are not red and they do not hurt. what could be the cause of this

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Salt/thyroid: Try cutting down on salt in your diet. This means not just not adding salt to food but also avoid fast food, prepared foods and canned foods. Also see your doctor for thyroid, glucose and kidney function tests to make sure there is no other cause for your swelling.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 13, 2017