Brooklyn, NY

dealing with plantar fasciitis for over three years now. wear inserts, but still deal with foot pain. what can be done to promote more healing?

Dr. Darryl Blinski
Plastic Surgery 46 years experience
Plantar Fascitis: Try PRP + Stem cell injections.
Dr. John Rhoades
Podiatry visit: Best to see a podiatrist for exam, and further consultation.
Dr. Steven Frydman
Podiatry 47 years experience
add stretching exercises and warm compress to area. Get a orthotic that is made just for you. other treatments if this does not work
Feb 13, 2015
Dr. Sung ho Bae
Podiatry 19 years experience
Plantar fasciitis: There are a lot more that can be done, from physical therapy to surgery. The other thing to consider is that you may have something other than plantar fasciitis that mimics heel pain. A revisit and revaluation seems like your best bet. Good luck!
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
3 years????: thats way too long. THis is a condition that should be treated. Considerations; is it really just plantar fascitiis? it is possible you have tarsal tunnel as well. THis is often overlooked. If it is truly fascitiis i would consider a tx you haven't tried i.e low energy shockwave or an amniotic injection or PRP…I would check to see if your orthotics are effective, stretch often...
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Radiology 39 years experience
My therapy: I assume that you have been to doctors and that you really have fasciitis and not something else. I disagree with standard treatment. To treat yourself at home, do the following: increase circulation with nightly hot soaks of the feet and wear heavy socks at night to bed. Activate your skin reflexes to increase local circulation and pain control daily. No drugs. Stop inserts as you improve.

Last updated Oct 23, 2017