Midlothian, IL

Doc put me on lexapro (escitalopram) for health anxiety i start today.but ive read muscle twitches can be a side effect.is that true?that would make my anxiety worse

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Don't make it worse: The reported side effects for a drug vary from 2/100 to 80/100, depending on drug and side effect. Know that it MIGHT occur, and move on with life--on the med. Then IF it does, you'll already know what caused it--call Dr to report it. If bothersome, ask for a change in med. If not, then ignore it and will fade over time. Breathe and relax. :)
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
With "health anxiety" a consult with a Psychologist would be in order.
Feb 9, 2015

Last updated Jan 1, 2016