Peotone, IL

I get horrible jolting pain when i turn my neck to the left. the pain feels like an electric shock and shoots to the top of my head. what is this?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Facets: There are a number of possibilities, and I would not hesitate to be seen for it. One possible cause is a problem with a facet joint in your neck. Facet joint problems are usually aggravated by rotation or extension if the neck and are often associated with pain that goes up into the head. A detailed exam and appropriate studies can usually find the cause.

Last updated Feb 14, 2015