MI

can a laparoscopic surgery cause you to gain weight?

Dr. Marino Tavarez
No,: if you eat more and exercise less you will gain weight.
Dr. Mark Pack
General Surgery 31 years experience
No: Laparoscopic surgery cannot be the cause of gaining weight.

What can be done for an anal fissure after two operation of anal dilatation?

Dr. Buck Parker
General Surgery 17 years experience
Sphincterotomy: After less invasive approaches fail (such as dilation and medication), a lateral sphincterotomy (cutting of the internal anal sphincter) can be performed to help heal the fissure.

How can I help my child gain weight when picky?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
See your doctor: See your doctor to make sure there is no underlying illness. He/she will refer to a dietician for info on weight gain diets, etc.

What are "automation" and "adjustment" as keys to weight loss?

Dr. Lisa Saponaro
Clinical Psychology 18 years experience
Routine change: Automation refers to making things "automatic" in your weight loss routine. This would include "go to" meals that you have established to be within your caloric intake value. It also includes things like scheduling of exercise so that it becomes routine. Adjustment is the process of accepting change. The more routine (automatic) you make exercise and meals the better the chances of success.

Why take a buddy approach to weight loss?

Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine 37 years experience
It's more fun: It's both a support mechanism and a form of friendly competition. It also gives you an automatic accountability system. Most importantly, studies show that it works well.

I loss my weight.What can I do to increase my weight?

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Is it explained?: The first question you need to answer: is the weight loss explainable? If not, then you may need an evaluation to find a reason that you are losing weight. Certain medical conditions will cause weight loss and early detection can help significantly. If you are healthy - eating well and exercising will help you build muscle mass that can be good healthy weight to add.