United Kingdom

How can i lose my virginity without pain? i've tried loads of times with my partner and it just stops at a certain point and i can't handle it

Dr. Carisa Hines
Palliative Care 21 years experience
First time sex: For many, the first sexual encounter can be painful. Many reasons for this, possibly nervousness that prevents adequate relaxation. Also, there may not be adequate lubrication in the vagina, increasing the sensation of friction. I recommend more foreplay, use of lubricants, and patience on your and your partners part. If this persists, after the initial encounter, I would seek medical attention.
Time for a visit: By your statement you have likely tried the common lubricants and things just don't work out.It is time to meet with a Gyn doc and have a genital exam.Some women have a thickened membrane (hymen) that may need a little surgical help for you to go forward. This can usually be done as an outpatient if needed.If that is not the case you are with those who can help you find out.

Last updated Aug 1, 2016