KY

my daughter is 6 months old and she keeps spitting up her formula after she drinks it, mostly 1-2 hours after. it comes up like spit up but smells like vomit?

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
She may be having: something called gastroesophageal reflux,which occurs when the valve between the stomach and the esophagus is a little floppy and allows some formula to come back up.Most babies outgrow this eventually and if she is thriving would not need treatment.If the formula is new to her, it could be a formula intolerance.You should discuss this further with her own pediatrician and have her examined there.