my 10 yr old daughter has sickle cell disease ss she recently had her tonsils removed i looked in her mouth the area is very yellow and smells bad?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Mgt: Sickle cell patients are prone to infection. The area that you are describing may be infected. It is important to let your ENT surgeon on call know of these findings. She should be on antibiotics post operatively. Please check her temperature and provide adequate hydration. Her pain may be controlled with Motrin, but it is important to check her temperature first.