my daughter she is 7 years old and her mouth smells so badly even after brushing and using mouth wash regularly. what can i do....?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Can be intestinal!: Bad breath frequently is intestinal, not oral! i would try probiotics to help smooth out small intestinal bacteria. Chronic constipationcan also do this. If pro-biotics don't help, take her to your doctor! one other thing: a bad tooth can be the culprit as well.!
Dr. John Van der Werff
Dentistry 39 years experience
Check with dentist : If you have your daughter hold a mouth full of air then slowly let it out and smell the air and it is bad.. It is probably from her mouth. If she has stomach issues also may be from her stomach. Bad breath can also be a sign of a systemic problem.
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Cosmetic Dentistry 25 years experience
Plax is one of the most useless mouth rinses
Dec 28, 2012
Dr. Eyal Simchi
Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry
Add: Add flossing and tongue brushing to the routine and see if that helps. If her breath still smells bad speak to her pediatrician as bad breath could be associated with the digestive tract as well.
Dr. Robert Chin
Dr. Robert Chin commented
Dentistry 42 years experience
Have the pediatrician evaluate for possible mouth breathing caused by sinus problems or large adenoids and tonsils.
Sep 10, 2013