Las Vegas, NV

I am taking hair skin and nail pills. it says to take 3 pills a day and has 3000 mcg of biotin per serving also with antioxidants. is this safe ?

Dr. Kashif Abdullah
Yes it is safe: Regarding Biotin and it's ability to help with hair and nail issues, there is very weak data that stated it might help. This was done in horse hoof studies that showed some help and the human studies were very weak studies. 9000 mcg of biotin is ok since toxicity studies have shown no issue up to 200,000 mcg. But honestly I don't think these pill will do anything for your hair and nails.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 29, 2015