U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Miami, FL
A 34-year-old female asked:

I'm very sad and depressed and i am secretly addicted to illegal drugs. i often end up wishing i was dead but don't have plans of suicide.

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marc Zimmermann
Psychiatry 23 years experience
Confused Brain: When you mix street drugs with medication you are creating a chemical mix that may make your situation worse. Seek help with your addiction. Find an addictionologist or an addiction counselor. If you get this under control, medication will be effective and put your symptoms into remission. I know this is a hard road to travel, but many have done it successfully. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 5, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.