Do i have leukemia? left arm feels week, no blood circulation, noticed some petechiae, kinda worn out and tired. but my bones don't feel sore.

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Diagnostic criteria: Hi. That's not how leukemia is diagnosed. Leukemia is diagnosed first by finding an elevated white blood cell population (usually either lymphocytes or neutrophils), then showing that the increase is monoclonal. One may see anemia and low platelets (thrombocytopenia) in leukemia. Bear in mind your symptoms are non-specific, however, and leukemia is not very likely. Good luck!

Answered 7/22/2015

3.3k views

Dr. Lynne Weixel answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Don't try to self-DX: None of what you describe is a particularly strong indication of leukemia. A doctor would need to do a full exam w/ blood lab work and perhaps other tests too to begin to diagnose such a condition. You're way out of your skill area. I'm glad your bones are okay. Do see your Dr for a general exam and see if a CBT therapist might help w/ your health anxiety. Take care!

Answered 5/29/2016

3.3k views