OH

I've had a similar episode where i'm having muscle spasms in the cervical vertebra. drunk like, slurred words. mri was normal. nerve entrapment or seizure? says too many meds, disagree, on same for years to 6 months. mri spine yet to come. tensed muscle

Dr. Sean MacKenzie
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 26 years experience
Not just spasm: "drunk like, slurred words" is not from a muscle spasm. I would worry about the blood supply to the brain - stroke, for instance. I would get MRI brain and ultrasound of the neck arteries. If that's normal, then see a neurologist for possible EEG to rule out seizure. Sometimes the effect of medications changes over the years. Changes in metabolism of the drug due to liver can make newsymptoms

Last updated Feb 2, 2015