FL

i have dry red skin on my upper lip and around my mouth.i work in the sun but sunscreen and lotion seem to burn. i've had it for 3 weeks, what is it?

Dr. Patricia Allamon
Infection: We all touch our face and mouth thousands of times a day. If this hasn't changed with lotion, lip balm, etc, then it is likely an infection. A yeast infection may cause white patches at the corners of your mouth. Bacteria stays red, burns, spreads, and can ooze pus. I recommend that you start with Bacitracin ointment three times a day. If still not better, see a doctor.