India
A male asked:

I'm 22,, m, suffering from ibs- diarrhea&urgency. my stool report says bacteria is present but homeopathy doctor says ignore. is it causing my ibs?

Dr. Andrew Shiller
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 27 years experience
Yes and no: Gut function and IBS is influenced by many factors, including our immune, genetic, mental, hormonal, and microbiome systems. The microbiome is the healthy bacteria living inside us. Some of that shows up on a 'stool report'. It's normal to have bacteria in the stool. Dysbiosis is a change in the normal bacteria, and it can aggravate IBS. A standard stool tests can't diagnose dysbiosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 16, 2016