I have a job where I bend alot.for 3 days I've had bad pain going up my ribs and under my left boob up to my shoulder. Hurts to breathe deep? Any idea

Dr. Dustin Colegrove
11 years experience in Internal Medicine
Several possible: causes -- musculoskeletal pain, pleurisy (inflammation in lung lining), pulmonary embolism (blood clot in lung), pneumonia (lung infection). Obviously can't diagnose anything without further history and exam. Lab work or imaging may be indicated. See an urgent care or go to your primary doctor. If worsens or you have trouble breathing go to ER.
Answered on Feb 1, 2015