Vernon, CT

9m old baby boy.head sweating while sleeping.it is there from inital months.what could be the reason.he is feesing and playing normallysometime snores?

Dr. Albert Melaragno
Normal: Many babies perspire while they sleep and it is a normal finding. If your baby is otherwise active, eating well and reaching developmental milestones, then don't worry about the sleeptime "sweatiness
Dr. Krishna Anand
Talk to doctor: Head sweating may be normal in a baby as he is doing well ..Sweating head during sleep in a baby and snoring may be because baby has to work more to keep the breathing going on .He should be checked up for snoring for any obstruction in nose or throat and may need heart checked up for any defect .Cpnsult your doctor.
Usually normal: The head of a 9 mo baby has about 20-25% of their body surface area.It is also the area usually uncovered during sleep. These kids have a high metabolic rate & vent their excess heat through their scalp/head. This is part of their normal body regulation. I would consider what you describe as normal.