U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

My right hand has numbness and some swelling in the two smaller fingers and my right elbow is tender..i've been icing the elbow should i emoblize it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Nayana Trivedi
Internal Medicine 40 years experience
Many question though: When and how did this happen? Any injury? Do you have any associated medical conditions like RA or SLE? Do you do repeated work using Right hand? Icing is good . Anti Inflammatory medicine like Advil/Aleve may give you temporary relief. You may need to get examined in person if continues to get worse.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 30, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.