A member asked:

Natural cure for hashimoto's thyroiditis, and enlarged thyroid (that chokes me when lying down, or eating?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Richard Zimon answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

No "natural" cure: See an Endocrinologist! Usually taking thyroid hormone will start to "shrink" you gland by "resting" the stimulation from the pituitary (TSH) stimulation hormone. Also when Hashimoto's is present along with other "auto-immune" issues an anti-immune medication may help as well. Seek (an expert) and ye shall "Reap" get an solution!

Answered 11/13/2018



Related Questions

A member asked:

In hashimoto thyroiditis why is there an initial increase in thyroid levels?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers