Canada

can a bad reaction to abilify (aripiprazole) cause paranoid thinking and obsessive/compulsive type behavior? my issues started around the time i started abilify (aripiprazole)

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology 34 years experience
Only one way to know: It seems self-evident to me, but I guess not to others. Don't do this without your doctor's collaboration. Really knowing is a 2-step process. 1) Stop the Abilify (aripiprazole) & see if the bad stuff goes away. 2) If it does, restart Abilify (aripiprazole) & see if it comes back. Step 2 is important for drugs e.g. for diabetes, blood pressure, etc. For psych meds, step 2 is often not necessary or even desirable.