U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Beaumont, TX
A 31-year-old female asked:

I have spina bifida as well as other back problems and i am looking for someone to be my doctor and maybe prescribe me medicine for the constant pain i stay in?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Gaffney
Psychiatry 27 years experience
PM&R: I suggest seeing a physiatrist (a physician who specializes in the treatment of physical medicine and rehabilitation) as they can work with you to develop an exercise regimen and medication (if needed). Hope that helps & good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 29, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.