PA

My big toe hurts really bad if i bump the tip of the nail or even if my shoe or sock presses against it to tight.

Dr. Jeffery VanYperen
Podiatry 13 years experience
Ingrown Nail: It sounds like you have the beginnings of an ingrown toenail--see a foot specialist soon, and they will help you get rid of it before it becomes infected. They will also be able to help you prevent a recurrence.
Dr. Linda Everett
Toe pain: Is there swelling, redness or warmth of the toe? These signs would indicate either inflammation or infection. Causes include gout, cellulitis , arthritis, and fracture. More info is needed.

Last updated Jun 18, 2016