A member asked:

I am a waitress and constantly carrying trays. the back of my hand in the middle is hurting. it aches when i bend my wrist but my wrist doesnt hurt. ?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Darryl Blinski answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Over/use/backwrist: Either forming a ganglion cyst or tenosynovitis. seek in person medical care, splinting, PO steroids...

Answered 2/1/2015

3.3k views

Thank

Overuse: tendonitis. I would suggest a wrist support and if not allergic the use of Advil or Aleve. If pain is worsening, you may need stoner medication or a local injection with Novocain (procaine) and cortisone. I would start with a good ( sports) wrist support worn OVER a pull on tennis wrist towel

Answered 7/1/2015

2.6k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more