U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Orlando, FL
A 25-year-old male asked:

Should i c a cardiologist if i'm waking up with a rapid heart beat ? i'm noticing when i wake up my heart beats faster n when i wake up it slows down

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Webber
Cardiology 34 years experience
See someone: See a cardiologist or a primary care physician. They can place a 24 hour holter monitor, a device that records your heart beat mechanism for 24 hours. In this manner you can ascertain whether or not you are having an arrhythmia (or in other words abnormal heart rhythm).. Its all guesswork until you do this.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 22, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.