U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A female asked:

Hi i have a sharp pain on my right side near my hip bone, tender when pressure is applied and hurts when i walk. could you advise? thank you

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 40 years experience
Tender hip: Could be tendonitis, have you tried NSAIDS like ibuprophen(if no allergy or kidney disease) to see if it helps? Rarely could be avascular necrosis, or an occult fracture if you had trauma and have osteoporosis. Try rest ice, NSAIDS, and follow up with doctor /urgent rule out fracture.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 16, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.