Buffalo, New York

Dull pain on and of about two inches below my collar bone. on my left breast, it comes and goes some days.

Dr. Vernon Barton
General Practice 53 years experience
Chest Wall Pain: This sounds like costochondritis, which means that you have some inflammation and pain of the fibrous joints of the anterior ribs just a short distance from the breast bone. It is usually very tender to press on the spot that is causing the pain. Avoid over stressing with exercise, lifting etc. Heat/cold packs alternating may help. Advil, or aleve (naproxen) type meds help to reduce the inflammation etc.

Last updated Jul 8, 2013