United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Tripped over my bed and the bones behind my big toe were throbbing and sore to touch and there a big bruise but it doesn't hurt to walk is it broken?

Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 47 years experience
Sounds likt it: Only an x-ray will tell for sure. How can it be sore to touch but not painful when you put your weight on it? Go get an x-ray.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Roger Hans
34 years experience
Possibly: It could be broken, sprained or contused. The myth that one can't walk on a broken bone is just that;a myth. Go get an -ray, rest, ice, elevate, compress and take otc advil, tylenol (acetaminophen) etc until you are properly diagnosed and treated.
Last updated Sep 3, 2013