2.5 hours ago we gave our 3.7 yrs old triaminic night time cold and cough (2.5 ml). now he has 100.2 f fever and gave him ibuprofen (5ml). is it safe?

Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Tony Hoanswered
Infectious Disease 14 years experience
Yes: Always make sure that the ingredients in one drug don't overlap with the other, so you avoid overdosing (classically, it was very easy to overdose on tylenol due to the amount of acetaminophen-containing medications). There does not appear to be overlap between these two. Hope he feels better!
Dr. Julio Pajaro
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
May be safe but why do you want to medicate him again so soon ,for such a low Temp?Fever is not always bad.Ithelps activate our immune sys
Mar 31, 2013