A member asked:

Have acute constipation problems. i exercise, drink 8 glasses of water a day, and take plenty of fiber in the form of metamucil, beans and oatmeal...

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Try Miralax (polyethylene glycol): It's pretty gentle, is available otc, tastes fine mixed in a drink & you can take more for a stronger effect. Adding a dose of senna or bisacodyl might speed things up.

Answered 3/23/2014


Dr. Tim Conrad answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

See GI doctor: It sounds like you are doing the right things but they are not working. This means you need expert guidance. I suggest a visit with an internist or gastroenterologist.

Answered 6/28/2016



Related Questions