i fell in the ice & hurt my ankle i can still walk put it hurt when i step on it.?

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Need eval: See an orthopaedic surgeon or your primary physician and start by getting an x-ray.
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 27 years experience
Pain, swelling, decreased function and limited range of motion are signs of fracture...
Feb 1, 2012
Dr. Daniel Farber
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 24 years experience
Have it looked at: Since you can still walk on it, the likelihood of a break is small but not zero. If a sprain, the rest, ice, compression, and elevation will help followed by a rehab strengthening program. But you should see your doc and consider an x-ray.