Springfield, MA

I rolled my r ankle doesn't hurt to walk but soon as i'm still it hurts & its swollen hurts wen i flex my foot or move my ankle i missed a step & roll?

Dr. Stuart Plotkin
Podiatry 43 years experience
Need to be examined: The extent of an ankle sprain is hard to determine. The amount of pain and swelling varies. You need to see a podiatrist or orthopod to determine if the ankle ligaments were seriously damaged, and have the ankle immobilized for a while
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mark Winters
Podiatry 37 years experience
unfortunately ' ankle sprains ' and similar injuries are often written off as minor and therefore not tended to properly. If pain persists for more than 2 - 4 weeks , even low grade dull ache, it needs to be assessed and professionally treated. Sometimes, a steroid injection to break a ' pain - inflammation ' cycle that often sets in. that should be followed with physical therapy.
Dec 17, 2015
Last updated Dec 17, 2015