aids patient with pneumonia undergoing antibiotic treatment continues to get worse. what should be done next?

Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
AIDS and Pneumonia: If a patient with aids is also ill with pneumonia then the right type of treatment needs to be determined with at the very least an x-ray. There is a common pneumonia known as pneumocystis pneumonia that can occur when one's immune system is weak. This can be picked up on a simple x-ray. If this patient is getting sicker please get them to the right medical provider asap.
Answered on May 20, 2018