fantasizing about torture and murder turns me on. is there something wrong with me?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Yash Khanna
YES it is: Yes it is, there is some thing wrong fantasizing about murder and you should see a psychatrist and need psychtherapy.
Answered on Jun 15, 2017
24 years experience Psychiatry
Clearly - yes.: Yes. This is not healthy. You may have some degree of sadism or psychopathy. Psychiatric care is recommended. If you have a urge to act on your homicidal and torture fantasies please turn youself into police and explain.
Answered on Jun 28, 2015
1
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
Definitely concur.
Jan 2, 2014
43 years experience Pathology
You don't want it: Fantasies about rough stuff and people dominating each other physically and emotionally are the basis of some strange and popular sexual 'kink' subcultures. I've wondered whether such people are trying to deal with past abuse that they've suffered; this would seem to be a dead-end on the search for love based on mutual respect and building-up. Ask you dr; hope that you find real love, not darkness.
Answered on Jan 2, 2014
3
3 comments
43 years experience Pathology
Provided original answer
No reasonable person will disagree. It sounded to me as if our correspondent was troubled by these thoughts -- too many people in today's world seem indifferent to how their behavior and mental habits affect others -- and would be motivated for change. Let's hope this can happen.
Jan 2, 2014
24 years experience Psychiatry
Incarceration can be the most effective form of "treatment" if the individual lacks a concscience. It protects others & acts as a deterent.
Jan 2, 2014
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
I appreciate your thoughts here, Dr. Friedlander, trying to see in the most positive light. However, there's a difference between dominance-submission sexual acts and ongoing fantasies of torture/murder. I've known people in each group. For some, these fantasies are not just hypothetical but are plotted and executed over time. Due to foundational antisocial makeup, these need incarceration.
Jan 2, 2014